Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Getting Back in the Groove


Just snippets today...this week is crazy busy.

There are 4 Granny Smiths on my counter from Skytop, courtesy of Mom and Lil Sis, waiting to be made into what? Dumplings or a pie, I think.

There's a jar of Skytop apple butter too, which Hubs wants for his addiction (Paula Deen's Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie), but which I think would go nicely in oatmeal, on my homemade waffles, or maybe cookies...yup, gonna have to make some myself, just as soon as I can get to Whole Foods or Native Sun...thank goodness it's becoming fall!

Also need to scour the web for an apple cider doughnut recipe, as Lil Sis brought those too from Skytop, still warm, and I fell in love!

The French Broad Chocolates have vanished, but the box remains for the memory.

The latest issue of Taproot graced my mailbox, but I haven't even cracked into it yet in my busyness of getting back to work and organizing my many thoughts about what transpired on our weekend trip. Besides, Taproot is like French Broad Chocolates...to be savored, nibbled, in small bites, slowly while curled up in a favorite chair.

The trip to Asheville went so well, I'm scared to divulge much until some things iron themselves out. Not that I'm superstitious or anything. Suffice it to say, Hubs came away intrigued and enamored by the city, I'm not quite as intimidated by the town or the mountains now, and an opportunity may have presented itself that already has me too excited in anticipation. And things may fall into place right when we need them to. Hence my fear of jinxing things...

It didn't get as cool, weather-wise, as I'd hoped, but it was pleasant. We walked quite a bit Saturday evening, when we went into town to grab dinner and chocolate, and marveled at the different types of people, the friendliness and party atmosphere that spilled over as we explored.

I bought a pair of boots with heels while I was up there, that actually come up to mid-calf, which is a small miracle. Jeans still fit, also a small miracle, given how much our eating habits cave to the unhealthy when we're traveling. The ride home, all 7 hours of it, was remarkably OK...we were both expecting it to hit grueling at some point. It never did.

I've been waking up in a good mood. There's this lightness. Back to the Y tonight.

Image from here.

No comments: