Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Taking Stock



A is for Aiken, where we're heading early tomorrow morning to visit family.

S is for sweating, which we're still doing here in Florida.

H is for happy to be getting out of town for a few days.

E is for Earth Fare, a healthy food store that will hopefully be calling me to set up an interview...

V is for my vigor and vivacity, which will increase the minute I'm able to breathe cooler air.

I is for the itinerary I'll create for the side trip to Asheville.

L is for the leaves just starting to turn up in western NC.

L is also for the lure of a more progressive town, where recycling, composting, and organics are the norm instead of the exception.

E is for excited to be showing Hubs our soon-to-be-adopted new town!

We're visiting his folks til Saturday, then heading up to Asheville. The side trip was Hubs' idea; he saw how eager I was to get another look around, so he suggested it a coupla weeks back. We're not even making contacts yet, though that will come soon. This is just to show him the city, take a drive around the area. I'm thinking of checking out a neighborhood or two where there are current homes for rent, and he saw a thing on TV recently about one of their amazing farmers' markets, so I'll look that up. We're meeting my Mom and Lil Sis and sharing a hotel room for the night; they're scoping the area for a family reunion next year.

I've been filling out apps almost every night, but I'm starting to think I need to cave and put my resume in at several employment temp-to-perm agencies and get cracking on a remote contract with the .com, so that food and shelter are never a concern. Man, this process gets scary if you let it!

Offline for a bit, have a great weekend, y'all!

Image from here.

No comments: