Friday, September 28, 2012
In keeping with the current theme of changing up the ole blog, I'm trying out the completely unoriginal idea of Friday Favorites, just a smattering of things that have caught my interest on the Web lately...
• From Plan to Eat: a good reminder that not everything that's in the refrigerator has to be in there...just wish that when I buy produce, I can trust that it hasn't been off the vine 3 weeks already. I'm planting something this weekend. Anything.
• Wonderful chunks of info from the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs last weekend:
—A little bit of everything
• Habit, because it's such a relaxing and voyeuristic escape.
• Salted Caramel Apple Pie. Nuf said.
• Before there was Wendell Berry, there was Viktor Schauberger.
• The author of Girl Hunter...reminds me of how I used to think the Joy of Cooking was weird, because it had chapters dedicated to dressing game...
This is a planning weekend. I'm making lists, digging into boxes, and looking ahead to the trips we'll take north over the next 2 months. Also stocking up on printer ink and paper, because I know I'll want to create a binder for Heather's Whole Food Kitchen. I know I should just buy a thumb drive, but I'm old-fashioned.
Might be blog shopping...I'm terribly bored with the limitations of Google's Blogger. There's only a handful of decent blog platforms out there that are available for the low, low price of FREE, but if I do change addys, I promise to give enough direction to you, my lovely 6½ readers.
Have a great weekend, y'all!
Image from here.