Friday, April 13, 2012

Gotta love a Friday


We have one upholstered chair that's covered in old woobies. It acts as Les's gaming chair until we can get him something more suitable. I have another wing chair that I keep in the bedroom, which I rescued from eminent landfill status during a friend's move, which they had found @ the Goodwill. It's not quite big enough to hold me cross-legged, but it gets the job done. I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time in it this weekend.

I heart a good chair for curling up and reading, knitting, dreaming...

Not taking advantage of the Write on Edge prompt this Friday, but my wheels are turning. There's a trailer out right now for a rom-com called The Five-Year Engagement, chronicling a ridiculously long engagement between Jason Segel and Emily Blunt. There's a flash of scene where a little girl shoots an arrow into Emily's leg. It's supposed to be funny, a reference to the latest Hunger Games publicity, thanks to the movie and book successes. I'm enjoying the heck out of the books, but there's an essay forming in my head about how kids are growing up too quickly and media is a huge culprit. Will be writing this weekend...

OT tonight and then my weekend's free. Thank goodness, because we slipped a little this week. Nothing huge, just some thinking and planning to do. This year's going by damn fast.

Image from here.

No comments: