Friday, January 20, 2012

And a new day dawns...and the wheel turns...


Things don't always look better in the morning. I ain't no Scarlett O'Hara. Woke up feeling really fuzzy from sleeping so hard last night, could tell I'd been stress dreaming, and I had a headache. Also, my uvula felt like a damn golf ball from snoring hard with the windows open in 39 degree weather. And let's not forget how unruly my hair was, because it's gotten so long that I wake myself up from lying on it, so I braided it last night.

whinewhinewhine...

But life don't stop just because a family is freaking out about the ill health of a member. Work is steady. Husby got the oil changed and increased his cool points exponentially by waiting for Chipotle to open to grab me lunch. I've pulled my hair back, and am finally waking up in the ole brainpan. We'll leave for SC after I get off work.

I say freaking out, because we can't get a clear picture of what's going on up there, not really. The females of that household all have the same personality, and they feed off one another's fears and paranoia. Dad is obviously dealing with his own feelings of fear and depression, and it scares the crap out of the others. Can't wait to get up there and have to be the rock in the storm.

If he is declining, I don't expect to bring Husby back with me. He needs as much time as possible with his dad. I push this hard. Les may be scared and tired himself, and not want to deal with the family drama, but time is precious now. I tend to say how grateful I am that we got those 36 hours before my Dad went to Summerland, but in reality.....I'd give almost anything for more time.

Hug your families, folks; cherish 'em.

Image from here

No comments: