Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Taking Stock


I nicked a pile of these types of shots off of Rosie's blog this morning. I couldn't help myself. They nutshell New England for me, and awaken that ache that reminds me that I won't be happy until I'm somewhere more rural. God help me when I find that place and its proximity to a Starbucks is measured in tens of miles, rather than tenths...

Also, for reasons I can't understand, I'm completely smitten with her family.

We head to NC on Saturday morning. I need this distraction, even if it's less of a scouting trip and more of a visiting one. We just won't know if we're able to move for awhile yet, so I'm going to relax, visit Mom and Meara, and drink the area in. Already planning a trip in October if we aren't going to be able to move this fall...I want to pick apples off a damn tree this year!

Outside: Supposed to feel like 110F today...not bad in the shade; I still ate lunch outside. Wish I could do the rest of the workday out there...

Inside: Love the juxtaposition of hitting 110F outside while my toes freeze in my sandals inside, because the damn A/C is set so low...

Wearing: capris, T w/embroidered flowers, aforementioned toe-chilling sandals...really, I feel a pinch like a slob when I wear them to work, but they're easily the most comfortable shoes I own right now, so hang fashion...yes, they're more comfortable than my SNEAKERS! Those who know my tomboy ways understand the enormity of that statement.

Reading: finished the Millennium trilogy (so. damn. good.) so officially at loose ends in the reading department...thinking I need to tear into a box and find something by Kingsolver to take the edge off...

Creating: stalled on the knitting, but my brain's been dealing with a LOT so far this week. Also, doesn't help that I unpacked the PS2 to get over the Mah Jong DTs...I lasted a whole 2 days with that time-sucker in a box. Thinking I want to get moving on socks soon...haven't ripped out Candleflame either, and I'd love to do something with that yarn...maybe double knit a feather and fan scarf instead?

Going: NC!!! Bringing the cat, because we'll be gone basically 4 days and she's been dealing with some kind of dermatitis lately...plus she's getting more clingy each time we leave for longish periods, so we're going to spoil her.

Hoping: I get approved for a credit card with a decent limit, so we can continue moving forward...

Image from here.

No comments: