Thursday, February 17, 2011

Taking Stock


I'm forcing myself to get cheerful about the current weather change, because there's nothing to be gained from being grumpy about it. Spring, all 5 minutes of it, has arrived, I think, here in Florida. I say 5 minutes, because soon after these days come the days where you can't distinguish between it and summer unless you're looking at a calendar. I'm not out of my boots yet, but it's cranking up to mid-70s today and I was breaking into a sweat sitting in the car. Time to reorganize the closet...

Outside: Gorgeous, frickin' glorious, a goddamn postcard...

Inside: painful because it's so terrific outside...

Wearing: ancient blue sweater, pants, brown boots...

Reading: Michael Pollan's Food Rules, Structural Yoga, and my cookbooks, because we've been really lazy in the food department lately and it's got to stop...

Creating: almost done with hat #3, but it's vexing me...had to join new skein, and I usually just knot, rather than ply...but it's virgin wool and not holding the knots, so I'm going to have to add a sewn stitch in there somehow to be safe.....also creating move lists (FINALLY!) and starting some planning, like what kind of jobs I should try for, where money's coming from, etc.

Going: into the other boxy corner of the apartment to start culling...

Image from here. Anyone reading this from parts north, feel free to send me some snow :(

No comments: