Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring has sprunk


I think the reason I call my car's color gold is because of Spring. It's a faded beige, but the big indicator of Spring in North Florida, pine pollen, has descended, and cars everywhere are covered in this golden dust. It's pretty and filthy at the same time.

Getting up to 80 today...I think I'm enjoying a bit of reverse seasonal affective disorder...the heat's really pissing me off.

Allergies are kicking up, there's a lot of coughing at work. I don't get hit badly enough to complain about it, thankfully. As a kid, I was allergic to grass and a handful of other stuff, but outgrew them all, I think.

However today, I'm dehydrated and my body feels as if I was run over by a life-sized Mighty Mo (my Lil Bro had the orange bulldozer...those things rocked!). Did too much at the Y yesterday. Not a bad thing; just means I'm a touch ornery today. And seriously achy.

I'm revving up to Monday slowly.

Caving on giving up dairy for now...I love it too much. I'll try more lowfat options, already drink 1% milk. Just not ready, I guess, and it seems silly to use almond milk in my coffee and then order a pizza at the end of the day.

I've been back in a rut, so working slowly back up to multiple Y days and better eating. Reading, and probably buying, Bob Greene's latest, as it's exactly what I need to unlock the reasons behind all my emotional eating.

The car's not going to need nearly as much work as we thought, so we indulged in a purchase or two: new printer with much cheaper refill cartridges, new toaster. Feels good to have the dough for stuff like that, but the rest is going in savings for the move.

Image from here.

No comments: