Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taking Stock

Outside: not worth discussing...same old sauna...I'm breaking out the fall colors in my wardrobe September 1st, heat be damned!

Inside: just had a tour group in our aisle, wonder if they're from the merger company... the conference rooms have been full lately, I'm betting it's integration meetings...

Wearing: cuffed jeans (with belt!), mocs, comfy purple and green pinstriped blouse (side note: recognizing that thinking that my mala beads are purty smacks of attachment to material possession...gotta work on that)

Creating: cuff on 2nd MIL sock by Friday, because I don't want to bring that project to SC (since we're visiting the person I'm giving it to), but I want to be up to working the pattern when we get back...also trying my hand at being present, which I see as creating a new way of being...meditated up to first spacer on beads last night with TV on in background and found the bead counting helped my concentration on the task...

Going: home for lunch to give Husby car for doctor's appointment...going to SC on Friday after work, staying til Monday lunchtime...

Reading: Being Upright by Reb Anderson and The Three Pillars of Zen by Roshi Philip Kapleau...also hanging onto Ashley English's Keeping Chickens and Canning & Preserving, because I can't bear to give them back to the library until I own them outright...

Hoping: the family drama stays at a low boil this weekend, that I get pinches of time away to hang with nature, that it doesn't rain (because their house is positively claustrophobic when you're stuck inside it), and that everyone has nice birthdays while we're there, not necessarily in that order...

No comments: