Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Taking Stock

Outside: dog days...pant, pant, pant.....heat index above 100F...not enough rain...been eating lunch at my desk...boo...

Inside: too bright, makes my eyesight funny. This building has serious natural light, and yet they insist on full fluorescent lighting on top of it...grr...

Wearing: adorable beige highwaters with little embroidered lemons all over them, lemon yellow T, white blouse over it, black flats that look brown.

Creating: been a slow week, so far...turned the heel on the MIL sock, made Hamburger Helper last night :)

Going: to SC in 3 weeks...2 weekends to accomplish more "stuff"...

Reading: plowed through Poisonwood, at loose ends again. Time for another trip to the library soon. Skimmed Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up last night...excellent sock book, I'd like to own it and I don't even knit socks from the toe up yet...

Hoping...

Was thinking of things for this category, and couldn't get anything to fit, because the things I'm hoping for right now are entirely up to me...they're within my control, so I shouldn't be hoping about them, I should just be doing them. I want to continue feeling good about myself. I want to get to the Y a couple of times a week. I want to continue organizing and purging the apartment. I want to continue studying Buddhism, and recognize the good of living in the present.

Time to get started.

No comments: