Friday, August 13, 2010

On a less busy week, there might be pictures...

Yeah, I know, talking out of my butt again...

Learned something about air mattresses this week...they're really only comfortable when you're so burned-out-ragged tired that you could basically sleep standing up if necessary (it's why they're so perfect for outdoor camping). Unfortunately, this was not the case on Wednesday night, so I crashed around midnight at Mom's place, woke up at least every hour (or every time I moved on the frickin' thing), and at 4:23 a.m., gave up and got dressed, numb from lack of sleep. We left on time and got to the beach hospital with time to spare, so thank gods, I was able to frequent the local Starbucks before taking Mom to her procedure. Didn't have to wait too long while they were taking care of her, but realized too, that rote activities such as reading or knitting (of which I'd brought plenty of both), aren't the best ways to stay awake on barely 4 hours of shuteye. I wasn't the only one struggling...there was at least one snorer in the waiting room.

They gave Mom an adequate amount of goofy juice, so she was feeling no pain afterward...we hit Panera for breakfast and then headed back to her place for naps. Sweet blessed relief, and by some miracle, the dog didn't nag me for playtime...she curled up at my feet and we slept for at least 2½ hours. Woke up feeling better, if not refreshed, and we grabbed dinner early at Chipotle (man, that place is addicting!). I offered to stay the night again Thursday, and my silly mommy couldn't hide her relief...she hadn't wanted to ask, but the pain was getting decent, even with a little medicinal help, and the dog ain't the most reliable critter in the housetraining department. So I crashed (on the couch...narrow, but MUCH better) last night. Les is pinch hitting today because I had to get back to work.

Yup, this blog's still a journal...ah well...

This weekend, hopefully getting to the Y, because I've missed 2 days in a row and I'm noticing the difference...Mom wants to see "Eat Pray Love" and I'll join her for that if she's up to it...I can tell that this weekend will go by quickly, and next weekend, we'll be in SC, so to keep myself from going postal about things not getting accomplished, I'm going to concentrate on lists: wish lists, to-do lists, budgeting, looking at the apartment and the next couple of months.

Down to the foot on MIL sock, have a pile of inches of stockinette to look forward to on the cardi, and am playing with the sleeve on the pullover for a change...SO nice to be digging into the UFOs. Reading Being Upright and the Three Pillars of Zen and looking forward to sitting zazen this weekend...

No comments: