Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday musings

I swear, pictures next week!

Gotta love automated billing...QC sits next to Collections on my floor, and the phone conversations we overhear border on surreal at times...calling to collect on a company when it's obvious in the first minutes of the phone call that the client has completely forgotten they ever purchased a website, much less been paying for it for years..."yes, sir, you purchased the site back in February of 2005..."

And we wonder why the economy is in a slump...maybe we need to stop blaming the government and focus on the rocket scientists running the businesses?

On a similar tangent, I'm sending prayers out to my quiet, unassuming neighbor, whose name I didn't even know til this week...we've lived in our apartment complex for 12 years now, and for most of those, our neighbor across the front porch landing has been this quiet, overweight, my-ageish/probably a little older than me woman who lived alone and kept to herself. I imagined her occupation as something in nursing or caregiving, but really have no clue what she does for a living...her hours weren't regular. So haven't seen her for a couple of days, but didn't think anything of it. Last night I got home and the eviction notices from the cops and local court were stuck to her door. I hope she's OK, and I thank the gods for whatever presence of mind keeps me employed with a running car and a roof over our heads, because sometimes that really is all it comes down to...

Have a good weekend, y'all! Be good to yourselves!

No comments: