Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday Taking Stock

 
Outside:
Sunny. 95. And that's the weather. It's getting old, but I'm not ready for fall yet.

Inside: Sterile, boring office environment. I did amuse myself by making an origami swan today. Tried to make an origami crane too, but it came out looking like it had crash landed.

Wearing: Aqua blouse, cuffed jeans, flats.

Creating: Besides an origami swan, the MIL sock is turning into an easy knit, thank goodness, and I tuck into the cardi when I need something a pinch more rote.

Going: nowhere special in near future, begged off on SC trip and no dough for wandering...probably a good thing.

Reading: Sort of in a Poisonwood Bible mood, but can't tell yet if I'll read the whole thing or skip to the parts I like.

Hoping: I continue feeling better, so I can make the Y a habit...and that this coming weekend will be as productive or more productive than last weekend.

About every 3 months or so, my femaleness seriously kicks my arse. Read between the lines, folks, cuz I ain't going into details. This week has been one of those months. So while my body maintains a low throb, I've been keeping quiet in the evenings with knitting, a little TV, a little less computer time...had to blow off the Y two nights in a row, which is frustrating, but my body wasn't up to any public displays of activity. Hard to test the stability of your knees when you have zero energy in your legs. I'm starting to rally a little, finally. Focusing this blog has me thinking of outlets for my very selective creativity, like I'd like to have an Etsy store, but what in the world would I sell? I'm grateful for this focus and for the quiet I'm currently engaging in.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Nice to see a pic of that coconut cake, it looks delicious!!! And look at those blue skies :) About the etsy shop, I don't know, I am just happy leaving the creativity to others and prefer to buy from them :)