Tuesday, July 06, 2010

pensivepensivepensive...


I can't believe I was there from Friday night to Sunday morning and got basically one picture...wonderful local produce market :)

So lush and green there...birds singing, traffic noises minimal...REALLY AMAZING neighborhood where my Lil Sis has planted herself...can't believe how much of this move was accomplished sight-unseen online...she got super lucky...lots of shopping available, really aesthetically pleasing and clean area...I looked around with big eyes and took it all in.

Weather was entirely pleasant the entire time we were there. Extraordinarily mild in the evenings for July. Fireflies come out at night and peep among the couples walking in the plazas. Meara and I were in heaven. Les was a trooper, drove the truck the whole way with basically no brake fluid.

Unfortunately the work of the move, however minimal because we were lucky enough to have movers load and unload the truck, caused a significant arthritis flare-up in my right ankle and both knees. I ended up taking the extra PTO day I gave myself today, and I'm glad I did. My head may still be in Charlotte, but my body's back in the pink, swelling down, aches diminished, hydration re-established.

The motivation is kind of overwhelming me. It'll be good to get back to work, I think. I need to make some lists, and my head is still spinning with how "home" Charlotte felt. And we only scratched the surface of the city, never made it past the south end/Ballantyne area. I can't wait to visit again. But first, get exercising and tackle this apartment!

No comments: