Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday fatigue


Took yesterday off to shadow Mom while she had a medical test done. No heavy lifting, just helping her, fetching dinner, corralling the dog when needed...but I puttered around in my bare feet quite a bit because I was feeling lazy, and my knees are telling me loudly today that they don't appreciate the laziness. What I need are walking sandals that offer support...wonder if Keen has outlet stores? Hey, a girl can dream...

Slept at Mom's last night, and I'm finding I miss my plants...good sign that I'm finally expanding my dedication to growing things...

Mom's couch remarkably comfy, but just narrow enough that my brain woke me up every time I wanted to change positions...which was a good thing, because I would've fallen off the sucker otherwise, and besides, her TV has gremlins and turns on by itself lately...turned the silly thing off like 4 times last night. So I'm a little fuzzy around the edges today.

Wow, that picture's old...was taken when Chloe was a puppy, she's 1½ now. Not sure how it's possible to be completely adorable and significantly annoying at the same time, but Mom's dog manages it...really the first time I've spent quality time with the critter too, but wow, cemented my belief that we'll be medium to large size dog people when the time comes...the urge to nudge that critter a little farther than necessary with a carefully placed foot is palpable at times. Saw a sign on the side of the road for a Frisbee Dog Tournament and told Mom I was thinking of entering Chloe, as I was certain I could throw her far enough. Luckily, Mom has a sense of humor >:)

This weekend, Chamblin's run, gardening, organizing...

No comments: