Monday, May 10, 2010

Updating for the sake of sanity


On this day 3 years ago, I was plugging along at work, not unlike how I'm doing now, with no idea that that evening, the gods would start calling Dad to Summerland.

This week sucks. But by getting that out there, I'm hoping to be able to concentrate on other things, at least for today.

Like the interview I just got for Friday for the marketing position...ACK!

I walked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Took Sunday off and my body is thanking me for it. Tonight after work, I'll walk again. Feels really frickin' good to be doing this.

Food's trickier, I'm still falling back on bad habits here and there, but there's gotta be a learning curve when you've eaten crappy for as long as I have. Plus I'm still finding my way where eating out's concerned...did Mother's Day lunch with Mom (we won't discuss what I had...still feel gross thinking about it), and there literally wasn't a blessed thing on the menu I felt comfortable eating...and this was Ruby Tuesday's, which prides itself on its ample salad bar. But who wants a salad that's going to be basically devoid of flavor because everything's been raised to ripen unnaturally quickly and bleach-washed to within an inch of its nutritional value? The problem with educating yourself about the food industry, GMOs, and the like is when you reach the point where you look in your full cabinets and realize there ain't a blessed thing to eat in the house that doesn't wig you out a bit or jibe against your newfound beliefs. The other side of the coin though, is making the effort to look for what you are comfortable eating.....making lunch for myself this morning, thinking I have $2 for snacks, and realizing that yogurt and a pear can keep me away from the vending machines. Again, the little things...

Moving SC trip to Memorial Day weekend...

Taking Wednesday off, because I know I'd be useless at work that day. I have a dentist appointment first thing (figured since I'm going to be in pain anyway, why not manifest a little physical as well), and a fitting of my bridesmaid dress, and I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the beach or the arboretum or both to get the hell out into nature and surrender the ache to the earth. Gonna need the gods help to concentrate at work this week and prep for the interview, but after Wednesday, I'm giving it to them and getting on with life.

No comments: