Friday, May 07, 2010

thank the gods it's friday!

The sweet, delicious freedom of a friday...even when it's not a payday...even when you're poor as a churchmouse...even when you're stuck living in a smoky, jam-packed shoebox...

I have such energy today, thinking, dreaming, wanting...

Reading: this site, educating myself about GMOs

Planning: Cleaning, baking, visiting maybe (Christy's still in FL)...

Dreaming........

I'm budgeting this weekend. The ache's getting too strong. I want land and an Alaskan Malamute or two, chickens and a dairy cow, and a small person to raise. These goals are so doable, even with my corporate life an ever-present necessity for sustenance. Les wants to go back to school, possibly for engineering, and there are programs out there to help us with that. This rut has to end. We're willing to do the work to change.

I walked last night after work, came home so pissy and frustrated I knew I couldn't stick around or I'd unload a rash of bitchiness all over Les for no reason. Only did about 3/4 of a mile, because I wasn't wearing the right sneakers, but it had the intended effect on my psyche. Can't wait to go walking again tonight!

No comments: