Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday...nothin' special

Pretty sure my reason for posting is to push Dad's photo down the page a bit...love him to pieces, but this week just blows.

Stopped by Mom's after work for a chat and to pick up some stuff, so I got home a little late and wasn't in the mood to walk. So I set down my workout mat and did an hour's worth of yoga, stretching, and arm work. Had forgotten that I'd inherited Mom's light weights (2 & 3#ers)...so I did bicep work using the 3s and triceps using the 2s. Normally I'd use my 5#ers and wouldn't be able to lift my arms for 2 days afterward. Result: only a pinch achy in my upper body today, instead of dear-god-what-did-i-do-to-myself...and the stretching helped my right knee, I can tell. Damnedest thing, when you exercise properly...let your body get used to the idea.

However, I was also able to do 3 sets of 15 at those weights fairly easily, so it begs the question: how soon do I bump up the weight? I've been sedentary for so long...once it gets too easy though, you know to either increase reps or weight. May pick Lil Bro's brain...

Did I mention I have an interview for that marketing job on Friday? I did? Oh, well, in case you missed it, ACK! Will start prepping for that tonight...

No comments: