Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday home stretch

Thursday afternoons tend to drag...hoping that's not the case today, but it's so damn pretty outside, I'm thinking Murphy may let it drag just to spite me. Ya know, cuz I have that kind of control over time.

Weather: balmy, copious sunshine, 70s

Head: somewhere between editing and wanting to research the marketing job

Heart: walking outside in a field, dog at my side

Mood: somewhere between wired and freaked...got an email about the marketing job I'm trying for...they've expanded the responsibilities even more, which if I know my company means absolutely nothing where the pay scale is concerned. At least I'll have no problem asking for $40K now...the additional responsibility is media relations, so my weekend will now be spent acquianting myself with every press release I can get my hands on, to memorize their corporate tone, grammar/style, etc. I'm jazzed about this turn of events, but concerned too...I joke about going back on my lithium, but...also concerned about talking too quickly in an interview, rambling by mistake, or letting one of my personality quirks sneak out. Y'ever see the movie, Drop Dead Gorgeous? The scenes with Brittany Murphy's character, where she dissolves into maniacal giggles during the interviews.....yeah, well, would rather not recreate that scene in front of potential promoters.

Also, finishing up Les's SS disability paperwork this weekend...yes, he's helping, but I spearheaded it and I type much faster, so...lot of computer time ahead this weekend. Yuck!

Checked a pile of books out of the library about the food industry, and still haven't been near real fast food since my stomach trouble. It's been a tough week for figuring out dinners, but recognizing how much I like Chipotle has me more determined than ever to make that kind of food at home...

Christy's in town! We're going to dinner Friday night to catch up...she's trying to push up her wedding to this summer. I hate the idea of seeing this body in a formal gown, but it's a really gorgeous dress in a deep midnight blue, so maybe it won't be so bad...

No comments: