Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday wanderings

I'm editing websites as quickly as I can, and wondering when/if I'm going to hear about an interview for the marketing manager job. But in my head, I'm on my knees in the dirt working the garden on my land. The air is balmy, I'm starting to sweat, and when I run my gloved hand across my forehead, it leaves a dirt streak. There's a large dog wandering amiably nearby, and I can hear the chickens feeding in their pen.

There's nothing wrong with these dreams, so long as I remember to live in the present. That's the tricky part, the part that keeps me from fully embracing Buddhism. They're all about the present, there is no past or future, only the now; and I just can't handle not having things to look forward to. Does that mean I'll always be searching for something else? What will I feel once I have our little patch of land? Cross that bridge when I come to it...it's still quite a few years away. They say you can't be happy in the present if you're always looking to the future, but I manage OK. Helps to be traveling with a soulmate.

The weather makes it very hard lately to work indoors. Today it's only getting up to 75F and the sunshine's just endless. I'll drive to grab lunch with the windows down and my hair blowing everywhere.

No comments: