Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday fog

Not outside, rather in my head...I'm having trouble getting out from under it today. Payday didn't bring good news...I got the quarterly bonus, but it's barely going to hold us for the next 2 weeks. It's not going to hold us actually; it'll mean embracing the beans and rice in the cupboards and borrowing from his folks again probably. I'm a little concerned about continuing to live this way if I don't get the promotion, never mind that in order to look my best for the interviews for said promotion, I need to sink money into a pair of pumps. Can't remember being this pissy on a friday...

Tonight will be nice and should lift me out of it a bit...I've known Christy since 6th grade; it's one of those friendships that manages to stay strong even when we take each other for granted (mainly me there). She's hopefully getting married this year, and I'm to be a bridesmaid...I wrote about the dress a while back, it's gorgeous, even on my bod...tried it on again last night and was surprised at how pretty I felt in spite of my size. I need to get it altered though, so hopefully we can start that process tonight, and then go to dinner and catch up.

Another thing that will help...getting out on my porch this weekend. Went outside last night to water and rearrange the plants and it got my brain working on how I need to clean and consolidate things. It was neat having those unexpected feathered guests on the porch for the last month and a half, but I'm glad that they're gone too, because I can actually move around out there again and get to planting more things now. I have some pretty specific tasks scheduled this weekend, but it's going to be broken up with frequent trips outside to work my body and get my hands back in the dirt.

No comments: