Monday, April 05, 2010

Spring

Pictures soon, I promise...in process of transferring personal files to Shutterbug and want to take some new shots of this glorious weather.

Glorious is an adjective that covers it nicely...low 50s to mid 80s with abundant sunshine and light breeze. Spent a nice chunk of yesterday outdoors and am still feeling the positive effects of it. Such a treat to traipse around outside and not be completely dehydrated afterward. Shame that won't last. I figure we've got maybe 2 or 3 more weeks of tolerable before it starts to get good and sweaty around here. Ah, whatever, I'm ready for it...ready to slap on the sunscreen and get my big ass outdoors.

I cursed myself this weekend by making a crack on my FB that I'd love to get things accomplished that didn't involve computer viruses...then my mom called Saturday afternoon in a panic because something had invaded HER computer. ::sigh:: Armed with my knowledge of how to dial a phone and start a computer in Safe mode, I went to her place and got it scanned. Then I dropped by Sunday midday to see if it needed any further attention. The weather was amazing and I commented that I wished I had gas money because this was perfect weather for just going for a drive. She said why not the Arboretum, so we had a quick lunch, gathered her little runt dog, and drove to Arlington. The city created this space a couple of years back and it's a work in progress, but has several nice, easy trails that were surprisingly pretty and off-the-beaten-path enough where we didn't hear traffic. I was high on fresh air the rest of the night, and I'm still feeling it this morning...thinking of taking a walk after work.

I needed yesterday badly...been pretty ornery about Easter. It's hard for a childless pagan to know where to stand on the subject. I'd like to believe in an afterlife, though I admit it's based in fear of there being nothing after this, not in any actual faith in God, capital G. So I'd resigned myself to not feeling anything and mused that maybe if we have children, that'll change. But I do get the hypocrisy of believing in an afterlife, but not the resurrection; and after reading are so happy's post on Easter (and looking forward to rereading it), I'm shifting my thinking and relearning to embrace the different viewpoints like a good little unitarian.

Besides, the chocolate bunnies alone are enough reason to give that holiday a shot....we'll now pause so the Christians can pray for my soul after that crack :)

No comments: