Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The ebb of denial, the flow of life

So I spent the morning dreaming and planning about NC (oh, and editing the occasional website), and I'm spending the afternoon recognizing that we can't move until next March.

What precipitated it was when I hit up Monster.com last night for potentials and saw that Johnson C. Smith University is looking for a web content editor. Talk about a trifecta! Academic setting in Charlotte working completely within my established skill set. Seriously droolworthy. I heart college campuses. Kind of stings now, since I'm recognizing how not-possible it is. Pause for zen mo: must not be right then...when it's right, you'll know....better to plan than rush.

So then lunchtime, I found a plum realtor's website, an agency with a site dedicated completely to rental homes in Charlotte. Goldmine! Was looking at several properties that were within our "price range" and not ugly or in horrific areas of town. I checked the application process and financially it seemed doable, but the credit requirements were probably a bit above average for this average credit gal. So I went online to the place where you can get your credit report for free annually from the government and was able to pull 2 of my reports.

ehem...umm, yeah...so anyway, I know it's better than it was, because I got my free credit score recently when I participated in a survey. But there's some work to be done, and management companies aren't going to take that report as-is. And the fact is that my report's the one that counts, because I'm the one working...heck, Les has been out of work for so long, we'll have to start putting stuff in my name only until we can get him back on his feet. And with no savings, it's just unrealistic to think we can clean it up enough in the next 4 months to move. Especially with the b*lls**t going on right now at my work (my pay's taking a hit and we barely live on a good check as it is).

Haven't discussed with Husby yet, so this is like more of me convincing myself of what's smart.

No comments: