Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Patience

So many little things requiring my patience right now...

The move...I'm getting worried that it's not doable this year. I really don't want to stay in Jax past August, but I'm not sure we'll have enough saved to pull off a move. Never mind that your average reputable landlord wants to see 2 current paystubs, meaning proof of employment in the location where you're actually moving...no wonder Dad used to go to the new locations first to find us housing. There are ways to pull that off, but it would require the kindness of family (Les's lil sis lives in Columbia; my cousin Tim's closer to Charlotte, but I haven't seen him in like, 18 years, so that would be just weird) and serious miles on the car. These thoughts are on my mind as we head speedily into April. Where the f*ck did March go?

Duck eggs...I want them to stay up there as long as they need, but I want to be able to put my tomato plant out on the porch without worrying about it being knocked over or eaten. The tomato was the biggest seedling and I think I'm days away from a first flower. It's going to be craving outdoor time soon, and I don't know what to do about that.

The seedlings themselves...the peppers are doing OK, but they'll need outdoor time quite soon too. The parsley is flagging, but I'm not looking for edible leaves on that yet, kind of want it to go to seed the first time out. The basil is just starting to show green on the surface of the soil. The cat grass is like aloe once it gets going...it's going to need more seeds and a larger pot very soon. You can literally sit next to that and watch it grow. The others (marjoram and rosemary), I was thinking I'd need to start over on, but 2 of the peat pots are starting to hint at green as well. So I need to be patient. This really is my first time trying to baby seeds into something, so I may start journaling my efforts, so I won't have to be so impatient next time.

The computer...I have a phone appointment tonight with a Microsoft tech support engineer. Can't tell from the site what it's going to cost me, but I'll need to address that at the onset anyway, because money's thin right now...hence why we were thinking we couldn't do anything about the virus for 3 weeks. But they're claiming we won't necessarily lose our personal info (I did an online chat with a tech yesterday). I'm sure he forwarded me to the engineer so that they can try to charge us, but hey, won't know til I talk to him. Not that I'm going to be in the mood for talking...got another dentist appt. tonight and if this new crown is half-metal as well, then the doc and I are going to have a talk. The headaches and throbbing are getting really old. Cross your fingers for me that the permanent crown decreases those side effects, because my patience is gone where that's concerned.

No comments: