Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Holy crap, it's gorgeous outside!!!

There's one time when I don't whine about Florida, and that's when the weather turns, in Spring and Fall. When it's warm, but you're not covered in a layer of sweat yet. When the sun's shining to beat the band and there's a high breeze.

We've hit Spring here...high 40s at night, reaching 80F during the day. I think we're done with winter...will be very surprised if we have any more cold snaps. Then again, this winter gave us more cold snaps than usual, so who knows...but I just got back from lunch and had zero desire to go back inside...the movie Office Space keeps going through my head...

"Man was not meant to spend their days trapped in little cubicles, Michael!"
Peter Gibbons (paraphrased)

Anyhoo, home computer still sick but out of danger...got with MS Security Support last night and they scanned our system and removed the offending virus. But we're not out of the woods yet, as the system is slow as molasses now. I hope it's not permanently damaged, but I'm thinking there's still some work ahead. We're going to download another anti-spyware program to make sure we got everything out (the MS version said they missed something), and I'm going to go through every file and clean house. Hopefully in another couple of days, it'll be faster...lord I hope so, as the processing I saw this morning brought back memories of dial-up...::shudders::...I mean, we're certainly due for a new system, as quickly as the damn things become obselete these days, but that's an expense that can't even be fathomed until at least 6 months post-move, so...

The good news: no charge for the MS Support and our personal files appear intact! As soon as it's faster, I'm transferring my photos to Flickr! and from now on, I'll do my lyric searching on iTunes. Also buying some flash drives...they're so friggin' cheap now, it's irresponsible not to have 'em around.

Crown wasn't delivered yesterday, have to go back after work today...yay.

Idina Menzel coming to town in April! Mom got tix for Lil Sis and I, should be a blast :)

No comments: