Thursday, March 25, 2010

A little cheese, a little whine...

Maine and Vermont getting snow this week. 70F in Florida. Bleh. I get that this makes sense, given the distance between us. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Actually, in spite of overcast conditions, it is nice having the temps rise...getting me in spring mood, like I want to paint my toenails some weird pastel color that ain't me. Just wish I could put the plants out and add to my little greenhouse....it felt SO good to have my hands in dirt the other night!

Husby finally feeling a bit better. Had a CAT scan today, checking for causes of the last 2 months of fun he's been enduring. Driving me to work this morning, he went into a goofy Pink Floyd riff that had him smiling more than I've seen in ages...did my heart good.

Tomatoes not appreciating my efforts so far, have had to pinch off some leaves. Pretty sure I'm watering them too much...researching seedling care.

So. Ready. For next week's dental appointment. The throbbing that occurs around mealtimes on the right side of my head has gotten old, died off, and rebirths itself with every bite, even with attempting to only chew on the left. I have a new half-metal crown that's sensitive (tangent: I'd love to know how people got around the hot/cold conductivity of metal before amalgams entered the picture...were there just more root canals back in the day? Cuz I gottatellya, I'm going to be campaigning for a damn root canal if this lasts more than 2 weeks after the next crown...). The temporary crown is above the new crown, and I'm thinking I have cavities that still need to be dealt with in front of it, so the whole right side isn't loving me right now. I miss ice cream, and I hate eating...trying to limit my diet to soft stuff in the meantime.

Ready for Friday...the usual planned for the weekend, organizing, puttering...maybe farmer's market. Can't believe March is wrapping up, need to spend time on move planning this weekend. Made some to-do lists earlier in the week, and they pretty much read: Dining area: go through boxes, purge, reorganize...bedroom closet: go through boxes, purge, reorganize...about time to act on this common theme.

No comments: