Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hump Day Quickie

aahh...if only :)

Husby's rallying ever so slightly, but we're being proactive...he has an appointment with the local gastroenterology outfit next week, and he's getting labs done. Went with him to the doc this morning and FINALLY got my own lab results (from frickin' 4 months ago...No diabetes! Cholesterol AND triglycerides in normal range! Woohoo!).

May actually be able to squeeze the Photoshop training out of my company after all...they're looking for people to work Modifications (rotational, I'm betting, to utilize resources when other areas are dry...they sent people home today on my team due to the lackowork...scary when that happens). We'll see...but I'm even looking forward to the phone work it involves, because I haven't had to deal with customers in years, and the level of agoraphobia and misanthropy that that encourages can't be good for me. Though I'm sure the misanthropy will only get worse once I'm actually dealing with the idiots, but still...will certainly help expand my knowledge, fluff up the ole resume :)

Weather sucks the next 2 days, but I'm determined to get those seedlings into pots...set 'em out on the porch this morning so that at least they're getting light. Went to dentist after work yesterday, so did nothing last night...I'm a pretty tense dental patient, so it wipes me out afterward. 2nd temporary crown on, and sensitivity is dropping on that side, thank goodness. I'm getting a little tired of doc appointments, but it does feel good to get my ducks in a row healthwise.

And yes, I'm wearing my green...Dad was 100% Irish, Mom's a bit of a mutt. Regardless of the take on history that has St. Patrick playing a key role in driving the Druids and pagans out of Ireland, I still wear my green proudly today. Besides, what does that matter...we pagans are still around, so who gives a crap? I think of how proud Dad was of his Irish heritage, and I honor him today with my green. Erin saoirse go bragh!

No comments: