Thursday, September 10, 2009

Survived

Well, I'm 40. Feels pretty OK. How unusual :)

Yesterday was nice, I'm glad I didn't try to pack too much into the day. Hanna Park was gorgeous, and thanks to back to school, nearly deserted. Goofed around in the water, got whomped by a wave and burned both knees on the floor of the sea, gathered shells, and by some miracle, Les didn't get sick from being out. It's the most basic thing, his sensitivity...the heat outside causes all your blood vessels to expand to adapt to the change, but when you're a chronic headache sufferer, that can slam you hard. We stayed out about an hour, then went home and relaxed, showered, etc. I let him nap to recoup, and I pampered...took a bubble bath and shower, painted my nails. Then we went out to dinner at PF Chang's, and I grabbed a slice to go from Cheesecake Factory - the two restaurants are across the drive from each other at St. Johns.

This morning I meandered awake and enjoyed said slice of Lemoncello cake for breakfast :)

Today will be serious laundry, a pinch of shopping, some knitting, and getting back into work mode. Tidying, puttering...I'm feeling really good.

No comments: