Wednesday, September 09, 2009

F-F-F-F-F-F-F-ah-F-ah-For-Fort-.....

Did an online survey this morning and was quite pleased to still be able to say honestly that I was 39...I wasn't borneded until 9:56 p.m. :)

Bob Evans breakfast was delicimous...we're taking a powder before venturing out to Hanna Park for a dip and a walk...I went to sleep last night knowing that DeLeon Springs wasn't going to happen today...didn't want to expend the gas or car time. So we're going for a quick beach excursion, then back home to clean up before heading to St. Johns Town Center for wandering and dinner...

Woke up pretty ornery, but I'm rallying. Funny how these things ebb and flow...

Reading blogs has me thinking more about handmade Xmas gifts...Salt and Chocolate is making bucket bags for holding gifts...the concept is so simple and utilitarian, it's inspiring me. I may have to get back into work mode soon (:P), but my evenings are going to be spent pawing through my fabric stash and brainstorming...woman cannot live on socks alone. Besides, those suckers get boring quick. I've tucked into a new pattern for one of the pairs of Mom and MIL Xmas socks and it's coming along, but I'm feeling, more and more, the need to pull out the sewing machines and play. I have two, an old Singer my Mom gifted me that runs great, and a much newer model that the MIL gifted me that has a bobbin tension problem that can probably be remedied with a little patience and a tiny screwdriver. I want to get into small quilting projects, so I'm thinking of starting with coasters, placemats, etc.

No comments: