Tuesday, September 01, 2009

And don't get me started....

I really kind of hope we can scare up the dough for an iPod for me...I'm starting to enjoy listening to music again (finally), and my current modes just don't fly. My old MP3 player doesn't hold a charge, and when I try to listen to an online radio station, my computer balks after a while and freezes up enough to where I have to reboot. And yes, folks, I work for a website design company. Never let it be said that a requisite for editing websites is that you need a fully functioning computer. The way this company cuts corners is really starting to irk me. Right now, the entire QC department is having trouble loading sites and saving, because the latest upgrade on our Javascript programming may not have been entirely on the up and up. And don't get me started about the pirated copy of Photoshop I have on my work computer...

If you're not already convinced that our society is a few loaves short of a bakery and that religion, organized or otherwise, is a topic that encourages a monumental level of hysterical bloviating, then I urge you to Google Phillip Garrido's blog and take a gander at the comments after his last post before being jailed. While I have no problem with him rotting in jail for his crimes, the level of vitriol displayed by that cross-section of the public is amusing at first, but quickly becomes unnerving. Makes me want to steer clear of religion altogether, and carry a slingshot for when I see folks on soapboxes. And don't get me started about those eye-for-an-eye nutjobs...

Took me forever to wind down last night, but I slept better. Finding it ironic that I'm amusing myself by rereading my Kathy Reichs books, which deal pretty heavily in death, but I'm avoiding something that could help my sleep sitch...my brand-spankin'-new copy of the Pagan Book of Living and Dying. And don't get me started on how I need to put the books down and get knitting on Christmas presents...

My baking has been failing lately...last couple of batches of cookie bars mediocre at best. Can't decide if it's the margarine I'm using or if I fudged it somehow in my hormone-induced stupor. Probably the latter...it sucks to invest the ingredients in a new recipe only to have it go south on you. The banana bars are headed for the trash tonight, I think, and I'll try something new. Since I really don't want to invest the money or floor space on a treadmill right now, I'm making a wish list in my head of kitchen supplies we could indulge in...guess I'm running out of "don't get me starteds"...can't think of one for the cooking. Besides, my beef stew went over great, and I was reminded of the ease it creates to have that kind of stuff around when I prepped my ridiculously simple lunch this morning...

I'm taking Tuesday through Thursday off next week...would've tried for the whole week, but didn't have the PTO. Nothing planned really, will depend on cash flow the next week. My pay decrease starts this next check...yay. I'm going to drag us out to some state parks, just haven't scoped stuff on the web in a week. I'm ready for this break. I need a recharge badly; my apathy is pretty high lately.

No comments: