Monday, August 31, 2009

So much for good mood...

I don't mean to sound whiny, but I'm really tired of my dad being dead.

Woke up at 3:45 this morning from a variant on a recurring dream where he's alive, but his life is in eminent jeopardy. His potassium is through the roof and his heart is going to give out. This isn't what killed him, but it was a symptom...he had another aortic dissection and since they couldn't operate, his body filled up with toxins and shut down piece by piece. Lovely to witness, let me tellya...nah, actually I'll pass.

So normally on a "school night," if I wake up mid of night, I don't turn on the tube, because I want to be able to fall back asleep right away, but last night I wanted to get the dream images out of my head. That was a dismal failure and it took more than an hour to get back to sleep. Not too tired today, just feeling sad.

Last day of August...I really hope Florida gets an autumn this year; I could use it. Regardless, I think we need another camping trip...Husby was mentioning wanting to be back at our cabin at Lake Hartwell :)

No comments: