Thursday, August 13, 2009

P.S.

Anybody else surprised to discover that last night was the season finale of The Philanthropist? I know it's just a summer series, but they could've warned us. I thought that show was a rather delightful slice of escapist altruism, and I loved all three main characters (James Purefoy was new to me, Jesse L. Martin...heh, no introduction needed; and it was great seeing Neve Campbell back on series TV). Alas, while I'd love to see it back mid-season, I won't exactly hold my breath...getting used to shows I love not making it as far as I'd like them to.

Was reflecting on that while watching Joan of Arcadia the other day, how clean and beautiful the writing was, how well acted the episodes were...reminded me of Kyle XY, that same level of family excellence displayed on screen; and what happens? Joan gets replaced by Ghost Whisperer, because apparently ghosts (and Jennifer Love Hewitt - gag me) are cooler than god and Amber Tamblyn, and Kyle XY gets killed after 3 seasons. Dorks. What do the TV suits have against decent family ensemble series? But I digress...

No comments: