Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just the usual randomness...

Kathy Reichs books aren't easy reads...my last post may have implied that. I'd already started Devil Bones this past weekend, because I have it only on a 7-day checkout from my local library. You've gotta be in the mood for that level of forensic pathology, and it's definitely what sets her apart from your basic beach read. Was glad to see that she dealt with witchcraft responsibly, providing the correct messages (making a point of turning myths on their heads, like that all witches worship Satan...yes, folks, that one's still out there...), and since this story was based in Charlotte, she had a healthy smathering of the Christian hysterics when faced with said religions, but it wasn't to the point of annoying (like real life can be in the South ::wry grin::). This one was quite descriptive of Charlotte; I look forward to owning it and seeing if I can get to know the neighborhoods of my hopeful, fair, future city through her eyes. Yes, I know it's fiction, but I also know she's painting in front of a landscape.

On the off chance people from work actually read this sucker, I won't expound on how my apathy hasn't left yet concerning the ole company. Just putting nose to grindstone and living for the weekends.

This weekend, I want to get off my butt. Or stay on it, but in an upright position while going through a box. I'm going to make some lists and do some thinking. Tired of this year going by so quickly.

No comments: