Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Much better

Don't know what it is, but lately when a roadblock or frustration presents itself and invades my psyche, once I figure out that I can't do anything about said stressor, the stress it's creating evaporates. I'm very lucky in this, I know. I used to obsess quite a bit more, and Husby still does, but I'm working with him on it :)

So I wake up this morning in a good place. I chalk up recent events at work to experience and push past it. I shouldn't be surprised. This is a company that's recognized that it's quite top-heavy and is starting to remedy it in the one team that could use another supervisor. This is a company that hasn't given out raises for merit or cost of living in 7 years. It's a company that's surviving the current economic crisis at the expense of the personnel, with wages below average market for the field and a sweatshop mentality. If I really only want to be in Jacksonville another year, it's time to get cracking on fluffing the ole resume and figuring out what fields I can get hired in.

In the meantime, I'm buying another pair of jeans. I'm not dressing up for these people if I don't have to, and jeans and sneaks are very acceptable at my office, unless there's suits giving tours. Wore my jeans and sneaks today (on a Tuesday! ::gasp!::) and it's nice and comfortable and putting me in a better mood for the tasks ahead. Tonight, cleaning the kitchen - it's slipped a little - and brainstorming! And a log cabin blanket that's slowly taking shape.

No comments: