Thursday, July 23, 2009

shhhh....

Giving myself permission to slack off a bit at work today, because I pulled high numbers the last 2 days and don't want people getting suspicious of how I spend my time.....have to take advantage of the company while I can, but also avoid the heat.....delicate balance.

No longer pissed per se, just tired ... researching web design companies in Charlotte (quite a few established-looking businesses, thank goodness) as well as publishing outlets...will expand search to include medical outfits probably too, given my small experience in that field. Patients are easier to deal with than regular people. Web design will pay the bucks I need though, so they're first choice.

I really, really want to be out of Jacksonville at the end of our current lease. That's going to require substantial effort on our part, but it's doable. Meara, bless her heart, keeps getting great opportunities at her position that may keep her there a bit longer than originally planned. So maybe Les and I will be the first ones up there, and can get established and then help Mom find a place. It's certainly a ways off, but I can't look at it that way anymore because time's doing nothing but flying lately...this has been such a fast year for me...I'm really curious to if things will slow down like, starting on September 10.....I'm really trying not to think about that damn age I'm turning, but I can't figure any other reason for the way time has flown this year.

This should've been an NC Moving post...nothin' much else going on...neglecting knitting this week, looking forward to weekend, the usual...

No comments: