Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to reality

Weekend was OK. Survived with few ripples. Kept my mouth shut like a good girl. Sisinlaw's probably not pregnant, just her addictions have screwed up her cycle. I'm not worrying about it. My niece is developmentally behind and still addicted to the tube. Needs nursery school badly once she's potty trained. It makes me sad, that we're not there enough to combat the damage that's being done. Not my problem, I know, but still...beautiful kid. Do what you can, move forward. The inlaws talk about changing things, but it'll take something seriously rocking their world for that to happen, I think. It's a shame, but until I'm a parent and can truly understand their pain, I'm not about to stick my opinion in. Still...

Did get lots of relax time, which was nice. Plowed through a beginner's book on Zen, and restarted Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver, which I'm knee deep in now and it's motivating me nicely. Worked on one sock, started another...

Summer's burst through in all its glory down here, temps hit the 90s this week. I'm in a really good place right now and enjoying it, which is really strange for me...normally I start hating Florida with an unmatchable vengance around now and that feeling sticks around til oh, say, October...December if it's a particularly warm year. But for some reason, I'm adapting...like I've said earlier, I think it helps that I'm wearing shirts that fit, don't feel the need to layer to hide myself so much. Certainly not letting anything hang out if I can help it, but I'm comfortable in short sleeves...

Also been getting more exercise, mostly not on purpose yet, and ate better while I was there, so I dropped a couple of pounds and am not so achy, which is REALLY motivating me to continue that feeling :)

Oh, and Figaro's been noisy and needy since we've been back, but did not crap in the tub. Progress :)

No comments: