Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The next year

So they hired a new QC manager. Another outsider, but this one seems more qualified, more in tune with our business, so I'm keeping an open mind for now. Thing is, it probably boots me out of the position I've held for 6 months. I have an appointment later today with my higher-up to assess my position.

When you're...
a) trying to create small people in your body
b) hoping to move the hell out of your current city within the next year +
c) the sole breadwinner in your family
d) a victim of this lousy economy
...how the frick do you assess where you want to go in your current job?!

I'm not a huge fan of management positions, but I'm not about to shoot myself in the foot either. I'm doubtful they think of the QC supervisor position as large enough to split in two, and truthfully it isn't, but I'm not sure I exactly want to go back to straight editing either. There's a trainer position that was just vacated...I may playfully inquire about it. In the meantime, trying to do my regular job while pondering what the heck I'm going to say to the boss...wish me luck!

No comments: