Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, there you are, depression.....

Was wondering where you'd got to...

When you're taking an untherapeutic dose of Paxil and your body doesn't produce lithium, you're occasionally going to have your ups and downs. Last week was definitely up. Today I have that run-over-by-a-truck feeling. I don't think it's seasonal affective, although there is an argument for that...the weather's absolutely miserable down here. Rainy and chill. No, make that bitter. And you all know I never complain about the cold down here. But there's something going on in my head that's making me want to head home and crawl into bed. Covers over head. Growl. Snap. But the new year just started, so I don't even have the PTO accrued yet...1 more hour of work...

I'm pretty fiercely disappointed because I think we've let another month go by...missed the ole ovulation window. I'm going to be 40 before we have our first child. I have to get past that scaring me...there's nothing to be done about it at this point. Press on...

Tonight I'm going to sit in my knitting chair in extremely comfortable PJs with a mug of hot chocolate close by and ride it out. There's decent TV on tonight, plenty of UFOs asking for attention...I tried meditation last night. Tonight I'll try yoga.

No comments: