Thursday, May 01, 2008

May

Happy Beltane everyone! Today dawned pretty and fresh here in Florida, but the temps will crank up to the low 80s later. Still, it's been a really nice spring; I'm not complaining yet. Talk to me in 2 months...

May...nothing to do but put my head down and push through it. My thoughts are constantly of Dad right now. It feels like it's been a year, but the pain is still fresh as daisies. My memories of those days are fogged from the fatigue that I experienced (48 hours of very little sleep and piles of fear), but they still visit at night when I'm drifting off to sleep. It must be therapeutic though, because I'm not having bad dreams. I miss him. It's going to be a weepy month, especially as we begin to truly parcel out the stuff in the garage.

The Broadripple pattern must be a good one, because I started a fresh pair of socks as soon as I was done with Husby's, and I'm not tired of it yet. No third sock syndrome here! Goofed it up a pinch yesterday while waiting for Husby to pick me up, but they're going to me so I'm more tolerant of small errors.

Saturday I'm hanging with the Ravelry crowd for a bit, then going over to Mom's. Sunday, hoping to tear into our place some more, do some purging, get another batch of books set aside for Chamblin's from our shelves.

Godspeed to Murph Anderson, who went to Summerland this past weekend. She's the mother-in-law of my friend, Steve Masciocchi; Steve and Lynn are the folks who we babysit for occasionally. This brave lady spent probably 10 years battling different cancers, so I'm sure it's a mixed blessing to the family, that she's no longer in pain. When the last diagnosis came down (with metastases to her heart and lungs), she said no more treatments and focused on enjoying her grandsons with her time left. I ache for Lynn; this year will change her.

Man, this is going to be a bitch of a month.

No comments: