Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why they pay me the small bucks

Been one of those days...

"Our contractors can restore any home that has been on fire to get it back to where it was."

Gee, wordy much?

Psychologist site that works with people suffering from post dramatic stress disorder...

Guess it's kind of the same thing.

Sounds like something the TV writers are going to have once the strike is over.

One problem is I have great recall for the small stuff, and I've been here 8 years now, so you get to know certain things...obscure words ain't worth poop in the search engines, how different cities are spelled, etc. Had a client call in yesterday because we'd spelled Irvine, California, Ervine, and when I was QCing it, I saw we'd also spelled Santa Ana with 2 Ns (Anna). These are small businesses that can't afford us to begin with; they don't need excuses handed to them to cancel. Makes me want to stand up in my cube and let out a "BAH!"

But I refrain.

Perhaps I'm wound a little tight again. Had a site yesterday from a designer who can't seem to remember to initial-capitalize the conjugations of the verb "to be" (is, are, etc.), and had to resist the urge to go over to their desk and beat them to death with their own mouse. Yeah, might be time to decrease the caffeine.

Good thing there's no KB tonight; this post would have the ladies taking the pointy sticks outta my hands :)

No comments: