Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday

That title says it all. The holidays are over, I'm back to being plain bored with my job, and weekends are a delicious respite. At least the pressure's off at my job for now; the big account was slain admirably over the holiday, and my boss is in Miami tying up loose ends because her husband's about a month away from being deployed to Iraq. Say some prayers.

Little warmer today, starting off in the 30s. Want to hear why Floridians are dangerous in this weather? Allow me to elaborate on that 10-car pileup in the Argyle Forest area, that I mentioned yesterday. Ice was the culprit, not because we had precipitation, but because the landscapers in charge of that stretch of road left the sprinklers on all night. I can't be the only one who is flabbergasted by a story like that.

Saturday's Flash Your Stash, an excuse for we Knitting Bitches to get together, paw each other's yarn, and trade if desired. Only if you're a knitter or crocheter, will you understand the allure of this activity; I'm sure to the layperson it sounds nuts. But everyone usually comes away with some nice finds, plus we haven't been together as a group since way before the holidays, so it'll be nice to catch up.

I'm using my knee as an excuse to take it easy, which is good, actually allowing it to heal; but it's resulting in my not-enough-hours-in-the-day restlessness. I want to start reorganizing the dining room, but I don't want to take the tree down yet, because the lights are plain pretty there. We're thinking of stringing one or two strands around the house. I want to clean the dressing area and move furniture in the bedroom, but other things get in the way, like knitting or CSI. Definitely time to make some lists.

No comments: