Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hump day

Any takers?

JK, happily married and all that.

But seriously folks...

There are times when it's prudent to just hunker down and accept a hard week. Be it due to finances, hormones, or something else, acceptance does make a difference. Not a big one, mind you, but...

I didn't cancel something that I thought I had, so our finances are near empty, and it means writing a questionable check over a holiday weekend in order to keep us in electricity. It also means going to a baby shower empty-handed, which sucks, and borrowing a teeny bit more from the parentals to keep us in gas. While this is occurring, our cat is back to dangerously thin. I truly get a friend's stance on not owning pets if you can't afford the inevitable vet visit. We're back to forcefeeding and prayer. And I'm a hormone hostage, which means no energy in my legs, emotionally crispy, and craving bad foods. I'm incredibly proud of myself right now...went to Publix with limited funds for lunch, and they had my favorite raspberry-filled donut holes on sale for $2.99. Same price as a premade sandwich on Cuban bread....I did sit on the fence for a bit, and then I got the sandwich like a good girl. Of course I'll probably go home and eat the rest of the Haagen Daz in the freezer for dinner, but....thought that counts, right?

No comments: