Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday

My paycheck was an embarrassment this pay period, not enough to cover rent, let alone Comcast. My pay is a calculation of a base amount ($10/hr), plus an incentive, which is a combination of my site quality and quantity, both of which have been lacking significantly since oh, May 12. I can't be angry with myself, not with this ache still so apparent. Sure, I'm disappointed in myself, frustrated, but there's an emptiness attached to this somehow, so I'm not actively participating in self-flaggellation. Not sure what we're going to do; we'll have to borrow...

Got a counseling session for next Tuesday. Catching the Suns game that night with Mom. Looking forward to Wednesday, hanging out at my Mom's, eating, enjoying each other, convincing her to buy comfortable furniture...

If I can just get my numbers up, the OT they're forcing on us this weekend will help the next paycheck.

There's a feeling of accomplishment with every color I add to the Log Cabin blanket. Still only four, but there's something satisfying about it...Les thinks it'd make a nice throw, but I'm still harboring delusions of aptitude for something bigger. We'll see...I'm still planning to get some cleaning done this weekend, so we'll see what UFOs and WIPs my efforts unearth.

Something nice has been happening where my hair's concerned...I'm developing patience for it. Considering it's summer and I'm me, this is a noteworthy accomplishment. Granted, I had 3 inches hacked off of it about 2 weeks ago, which leveled off most of the layers, bringing it up to just-above shoulder length, almost a bob. That length does make it deliciously low-maintenance and I don't need scrunchies at work anymore, just a clip or barrette if it gets too warm or on my nerves. I absolutely need to remember this for the future; multiple layers do NOT work with my unruly mop...I just have too much thickness and body, and without product, I look like I have my hand on one of those static electricity things. Not complaining at all, mind you; I enjoy my hair's thickness to the point of vanity. But even with the awfulness of summer about to weigh down upon us, I'm looking forward to the mop growing out right now, can't wait for it to inch its way back past my shoulders and fall in a curtain around my face. I finally get where Les is coming from.

1 comment:

ruthee... said...

Each color of your log cabin is an accomplishment...a move toward healing and normalcy.

You can make up the $$....you have been in worse....

Take care of yourself.