Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday already?

Ain't complaining, don't get me wrong. Got a nice relaxing weekend planned, and hanging with friends to boot! But this week was weird, still feels like there aren't enough hours in the day. Jordan's improving, thank goodness. Gained almost a pound in 2 weeks. Knit on the SSS a bit; decided to extend the grey just a smidge before binding off, so it ain't gonna be done for Saturday, because tonight I'm baking bread. Still...

Weaning off lithium, and so far, so good. The changes are subtle; my dreaming has picked up again, my sleep is off, and I'm trying to be cognizant of what I say before I say it, because I have a feeling less lithium wears away at that filter that nice people have for social situations, the one that allows them to exhibit tact, grace under pressure, friendliness, etc. Problem is that in adulthood, I've really learned to say what I think, so it's good that I'm consciously keeping an ear on myself, so to speak. This is mainly so I don't hurt Husby's feelings with some quick jab, because he's a real tenderheart - says he knows when I'm joking, but lets stuff sink in anyway.

It's SO nice to have decent reading material around again. I mean, we have a house full of books, but there are times when it's like looking at a fridge full of food and finding nothing to eat. Been reading Drawing Down the Moon this week, and treated myself to an issue of Tricycle, because there's a 28-day meditation challenge in there that I'd love to try. Lord knows my brain will need the settling as the lithium vacates my system.

I'm doing ok. Arthritis walk next weekend! Beltaine potluck on Saturday, can't wait to jump over the fire >:)

No comments: