Thursday, April 05, 2007

Can I claim butt atrophy under worker's comp?

Even with my recent arthritic foot flare-ups, I REALLY get tired of sitting on my ass everyday.

My day starts out around 6:45...shower if needed, throw on some clothes, spend a pinch of time on my hair, forget to put on makeup...

...grab coffee and my standard breakfast (Eggo's with peanut butter)...

...out the door...listen to NPR on the way to work...can usually listen to that first thing in the morning without feeling like the world is going to hell in a handcart...plus I can't stand morning show DJs.....unless the Jags are coming up on a big game, then I might throw on Lex & Terry, because they have Sam Kouvaris on the same time as my commute...

...commute's mostly on I-95, fairly painless, thank god...park...drop lunch in break room fridge if by some miracle I've managed to make lunch that day...walk to cube and park...

...10ish...forget to take a break...

...12ish...lunch outside unless it's raining...I'm unsociable at lunchtime, just want to read a bit or put a row on something and enjoy the outdoors...

...get back to my desk and grab that morning break, so that I can check email, hit blogs quick, before getting back to work...

...3ish...forget to take afternoon break...

...4:30ish...escape! Back in car...listen to half music/half NPR on the way home...stop at store because we suck at planning dinner menus as yet...

...Home, make or help make dinner, unwind, change clothes (not in that order)...depending on TV season, park my ass in front of stupid box...read...knit...

Yes, of course I could exercise when I get home; hopefully that'll be occurring again real soon. But I can't do a thing about the mind-numbing job until Les gets employed, and even then, I'm still not burning bridges if I do find other work, because working remotely will be ideal in the first months/years of our future small peoples' lives. So I definitely have to make more of an effort and do less whining.

Meanwhile, last night was a serious cleaning night...it didn't start out that way, but it definitely became that--a serious organizing fest. The big boxes that were sucking the free space out of the bedroom have been broken down, their contents placed into slightly smaller vessels and stowed. We also threw out everything that was cluttering up the foyer that needed to head to the trash. I finally tossed that pain-in-the-ass plastic container, and I took the flat couch pillows from the couch we tossed and consolidated them. How the frick do you consolidate a pillow, you ask? I took the flat stuffing of one pillow and split it between the other two, was able to empty an entire big pillow and a small one in the process. As I get around to restuffing and recovering those pillows, their outsides will be washed and stuffing traded; this was just a start.

There's actual honest-to-God floor space in both rooms right now, more than I've seen in a couple of years! It's sweet, and I'm going to bust ass to keep it that way. Also broke down the little boxes that contained stash, and managed to consolidate my yarn into just 2 boxes. The place is looking better by the day. And they came today and put in a brand-new A/C unit! That's a long damn time coming, but since AIMCO only acquired Auburn Glen like, 3 months ago, I can't even bitch to them about the memories that succumbed to black mold last year, from being stored underneath that leaky sonofabitch. Ah well. Next step is the closet hardware, then maybe the disposal, while I look into purchasing curtains and rods. I'm gonna make that place liveable if it kills me.

No comments: