Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hump day ramblings

No more whining about hormones and PCOS on this blog. Made a whole new, fresh blog specifically for that purpose :) I consider whining pretty counterproductive though, so hopefully it'll be a good place for me to learn about myself instead. Keeping it private tho', since not everyone needs to hear or listen about my ovaries ::wry grin::, so if you're curious, let me know and I'll invite you on...

No real news on Les's sis. He said they've done a barium scan, a CAT scan, and an MRI, and are awaiting results. Since she's basically a no-pay, I'll be surprised if they've actually done an MRI. He's still in town, but we're preparing ourselves for the very real option that he'll stay up there to help after this weekend. We head out tomorrow night. I'm spending my TV time tonight planning enough scouting for both Friday and Saturday, so we don't get roped into a whole lot of helping out initially. I mean, of course I want to help, but these weekends are precious and will go by all too quickly. Do I sound self-centered? Don't mean to be...

Main UFO getting attention this week is the SSS, though I'm sure I'll bring a little something else up to SC so I don't go 'round the bend with boredom. Just did a count: an average of 66 stitches per section x 8 sections = approximately 528 stitches at present. Not bad. Gotta check the book, see what their estimates are for the end point. Since I'm working 3 sizes smaller than the pattern, will need a little math to take that into account. I'm starting to think I'll want more length than just 2 balls of Shadow. Luckily my newly improved stash has several options for continuing...I could add a ball of turquoise Shimmer or silver-grey Alpaca Cloud, or the burgundy Shadow. I'm getting excited about changing colors!

No comments: