Monday, January 08, 2007

Bored, bored, bored

Was thinking about how editing websites makes me feel like I'm wasting my life sitting on my ass, and it reminded me of one more thing I want to do, that belongs on the other blog: write cover letters for the 7 positions I want to try for in Columbia. It's stuff ranging from clerical admin. asst. crap to park ranger to meter maid. Looks like applying for anything for the city of Columbia is a big, furry process - they tell you straight out that if you don't hear about your app. in a 4- to 6-week time frame, then it's ok to call the particular department. 4- to 6-weeks! Gotta get out my tap shoes.

Gotta get walking too, because eating healthier is coming along but I'm still sitting on my butt. Been scaling back my portions, drinking more juice, and it's already made the headaches abate, which is a relief...my candida was obviously out of control again. And holy snikeys, but have you ever tried to purge yeast and corn products from your diet? Lower the ole glycemic index? Corn is only in like, everything! But exercise is a big key to losing some weight and getting healthier, and dammit, I don't want these cysts on my ovaries, so it's time to hit the road! Or the treadmill, whatever! I just won't look in the mirrors in the exercise room at the complex...looking at myself in my exercise clothes kind of infuriates me, and not in a motivational hey-let's-do-something-about-this way, more like a self loathing, don't-want-to-be-seen-in-public way.

I hate bras. And my coffee's too weak this morning. :(

No comments: