Wednesday, September 27, 2006

There's a glimmer of light up ahead.....

.....and I don't hear a train whistle.....

I'm feeling better. It really bothers me though, that my issues of the past, oh, month or so could possibly be traced to a singularity in body chemistry. I know it's silly to obsess about raising kids when they haven't been procreated yet, but it's an issue, this desire to breastfeed if my body will let me, and I see now the distinct possibility that it won't be feasible. Because the pregnancy is going to be hard enough without lithium. And because when the child is born and the hormones calm down, postpartum depression will be the least of my worries - my lithium deficiency will be front and center. I'm certainly not giving up on the idea. But it makes me sad how quickly I've rallied. It's definitely a sign I need to pay attention to.

Makes me sad...that sounds funny. Actually, I'm feeling quite a bit of relief, and I've only been back on the stuff 2 days. It doesn't hurt to wake up in the morning, and my concentration is a little better. I'm feeling like me again. That's a person I've only known for 10 years, so needless to say, I missed her when she flaked out on me. Missed her tremendously, and I'm glad she's back for now.

No comments: