Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sock Wars



Wow!

I thought Socktoberfest was cute. I thought the Knitting Olympics was an excellent way to challenge yourself, even though I ended up not participating. This however, punctuates the strangeness that is the obsessed knitter.

The Yarn Monkey over in the UK just started Sock Wars, mailing out sock patterns for people to knit up as fast as they can and mail to another Sock Wars participant. If you receive socks, you're dead. Last one alive wins. It's cut-throat, it's international, and it's got its own forum. Hey wait, does that mean last one alive is a Jedi Master?

Since I'm so new to socks, won't participate myself, but will definitely pass the idea on to the bitches, in case anyone's crazy enough to jump in at this late date. This definitely goes against the old-fart knitter's image, but I'm sure my Lil Sis is still shaking her head at me :)

No comments: