Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A reprieve?

So Les had a good talk on the phone yesterday with the GM of the complex, explaining that what the woman was complaining about was nothing more than us getting out of bed at night, and that it couldn't be helped. He made an appointment with the GM for noon today to discuss it further, but last night the woman came to the door apologizing so much we couldn't get a word in edgewise, so we think she got a bit of the dressing-down we were hoping for. I'm still not entirely comfortable, but it's a start. It has been getting me up on time in the mornings, because once I'm out of bed to shut off the alarm, I don't want to go back into it because of the noise it makes. We're thinking of investing in a sheet of plywood for between the mattress and boxspring at the next payday, but I have a feeling that'll do nothing but make the bed firmer.

Les is keeping the appointment anyway, because we have an erroneous eviction on our record that needs to be cleared up. I'm sitting in the wing chair to watch TV and knit, instead of on the bed. I look to Labor Day weekend and the tall pines of my inlaws' yard.

No comments: